With the help of Aerionsense’s proprietary inspection automation software, Capital Power completed its annual condition assessment of the transmission line connecting Quality Wind (QW), to the electrical grid. QW is a 142-megawatt wind generation facility that plays an essential role to provide power to the local residents, thus making it crucial to make sure it is running smoothly. Prior to the use of Aeriosense’s method of inspection, Capital Power had used conventional methods that were more expensive and limited in their data collection. Aeriosense’s scripted flight plans for automated drone inspections provided Capital Power the cheaper and quicker solution that it needed. The data collected via the automated drone inspection was then used for in-depth analysis and integrated reporting to ensure that the transmission line was well in order.
- Grant from Industrial Research Assistance Program
- IMPROVING DRONE-BASED POWER LINE CONDITION ASSESSMENT -A CASE STUDY
- AERIOSENSE COMPLETES AUTOMATED DRONE POWER-LINE INSPECTION FOR ATLANTIC POWER
- AERIOSENSE PROVIDES ITS SERVICES TO ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
- Aeriosense integrates drones into transmission line inspection program.