Aeriosense’s very own Alex Babakov presents during Session 7: New Technologies and Industry Trends – Transmission & Distribution of the CEATI Conference. Alex highlights the increase in Unmanned Aircraft Inspection efficiency. Using UAS is a safer and more cost effective and time efficient alternative to traditional inspection methods of overhead transmission infrastructure. Alex tackles the main reason for UAS’s slow incorporation into the use of it in inspections is due to the prohibitive cost of training requirements to be skilled at flying the drone and the manual navigation of the flight. Recognizing that the key factors preventing the widespread of UAS, the presentation suggests a feasible solution to the limitations: automated drone inspections.
- Grant from Industrial Research Assistance Program
- IMPROVING DRONE-BASED POWER LINE CONDITION ASSESSMENT -A CASE STUDY
- AERIOSENSE COMPLETES AUTOMATED DRONE POWER-LINE INSPECTION FOR ATLANTIC POWER
- AERIOSENSE PROVIDES ITS SERVICES TO ALTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
- Aeriosense integrates drones into transmission line inspection program.